Saturday, May 2, 2009

A Letter From Capital One

What I once hailed as a great card for those of us overseas, has now turned ugly. I had written before about my good experiences with Capital One, my bad experiences with Capital One - and my frustrations.

On a previous post on Capital One I said that I was contesting what they meant by "The profitability of your account at your current purchase rate" as being a reason for denying me more credit.

And then I got this letter from Capital One:

"February 19, 2009

RE: Creditor: Capital One Bank (USA), N. A.

Dear [ThriftyExpat]:

Your recent correspondence requested additional information regarding a declined request for a credit limit increase. We are sorry to advise that we are upholding the decision on your account.

If you have any additional concerns that you would like to have addressed, you can contact the following credit reporting agencies directly:

<.....>

If you have questions regarding your account, please give us a call at <....>. Our Customer Service Representatives are available 24 hours a day. 7 days a week.

Sincerely,
Capital One Bank (USA), N.A."


Hell yeah I had questions. Really only one: "What do I need to do, and how long it will it take, to raise my credit limit with Capital One?"

Ok - that was two questions.

Truth be told, I ended up tossing this card towards the back of the desk drawer and I'm only using my Charles Schwab Bank Visa now. It's not worth the hassle using Capital One.

I have been getting zero percent transfer offers recently from Capital One, with no fees and at my current interest rate (which is the second lowest of 15 credit cards). Maybe they miss me?

No comments: